- No products in the cart.
- Return To Shop
Best Beds to Stay Comfortable in While Social Distancing
Posted by Alex Mattressville
Posted on: Jun 10, 2021
Social distancing — it’s the most popular phrase you’ll hear these days. We’re all staying home a lot more during COVID-19, and trying to follow the social distancing tips we’ve been given — such as going out as little as possible.
But life still needs to go on, and we still need to sleep! You may be having more stress and anxiety these days, and be finding it harder to sleep. One option to help you sleep better is to consider getting a new mattress. At Mattressville, our physical stores are closed, but we’re still available to help you online.
There are several factors to consider when you’re looking into a new mattress:
- How you like to sleep – e.g. on your back or your side
- If you have any health conditions or allergies
- If you prefer to be hot or cold while sleeping
- How much you want to spend
To help you decide what kind of mattress is best for you, we’re going to give you some background on one of the most popular types of mattress material – memory foam. We’re also going to talk about what two of the most popular mattress companies can offer you: Stearns & Foster and Tempurpedic.
Memory foam is one of the most popular mattress materials today. It is literally space-age technology — NASA developed it in the 1970s.
A memory foam mattress offers several great benefits:
- It distributes your body weight evenly across the bed’s surface. This ensures that there’s no extra pressure on your joints and also helps with good circulation.
- It supports each part of your body individually. This helps support your lower back and enables your spine to stay in a neutral position.
- It conforms to your body shape – ensuring you are comfortable and less likely to toss and turn. If you share a bed, this also helps you keep to your side, so you are less likely to disturb your partner.
- Dust mites can be a major issue if you suffer from allergies, and they are quite common in mattresses. However, memory foam is quite dense and is made from hypo-allergic materials – so dust mites can’t use a memory foam mattress as a home.
All of these features make memory foam a great option for a new mattress to help you sleep during this time of stress and social distancing.
What Tempurpedic Can Offer You
Tempurpedic has been in business since 1992 and offers a wide variety of mattresses. We carry several great mattresses from Tempurpedic. All of them offer several great features, including:
- They are made from memory foam
- They have super-stretch covers that wick away moisture — keeping you nice and cool
- They contain “Cool-to-the-Touch” phase change material. This is just beneath the super-stretch cover and helps draw heat away from your body
- They also contain an ”Original TEMPUR Support Layer.” This support layer responds to your body temperature, weight, and shape to give you personalized comfort and support.
- They are recommended for all sleeping positions and come with a 10-year warranty.
You can select the type of firmness you need: soft, medium, or firm. No matter which one you select, we hope it will give you a chance to practice some social distancing in comfort.
What Stearns & Foster Can Offer You
Stearns & Foster offers luxury mattresses at affordable prices. We can offer you 4 great mattresses to choose from, all of which have the following features:
- A unique coil-in-coil system called Intellicoil Advanced System. It delivers not just one, but two levels of support. The first level gets to work while you are settling into sleep, and the second kicks in during your deep sleep period.
- In addition to the IntelliCoil pocket coils inside our mattresses, Stearns & Foster mattresses give you rows of mini pocket coils. These mini coils ensure you have an even level of support over your entire mattress.
- Our PrimaSense Memory Foam gives you four inches of premium gel comfort layers to ensure that you never experience any discomfort.
- Double-stretch fabric cover wicks away moisture during the night.
- The outside edge of all the Stearns & Foster mattresses have small ventilation channels. These help heat escape from inside your mattress, keeping you nice and cool.
We offer Stearns & Foster luxury mattresses at a variety of price points. Read more about them to determine which one is best for you.
Why Invest in a New Mattress
A mattress is a major investment – and not just in terms of money. It’s important to get a good night’s sleep, especially in times of stress, and there’s nothing more stressful in life than dealing with a pandemic.
Fortunately, spending time in a nice, comfy bed is one of the best social distancing tips we can offer. In order to practice social distancing, we have closed all our stores, but we are still here to help you online.
Now You’re Ready
In times of stress, it can be hard to get a good night’s sleep. However, we’re all working together to do our part during COVID-19. We hope you’ve enjoyed learning about all the great features that memory foam has, as well as the variety of mattress options we can offer you from Tempurpedic and Stearns & Foster.
Along with washing your hands and staying home, getting a good night’s sleep can help make sure you stay safe and healthy. Getting sleep is an easy and fun social distancing tip to practice.
For more of the best beds to help you sleep better during social distancing, call us today at 888-841 0905 or contact us here.